The best restaurants in Manila keep with the cosmopolitan feel of this gigantic city, which blends a myriad of influences from all around the world, both in its history and its cuisine. Filipino food itself has already been shaped by aboriginal, Spanish, North American, Indonesian and Chinese cuisines, so you’re almost certain to find something to your taste in Manila.
Manila's dining scene includes an eclectic list of eateries which only have 1 point in common: they are good. From upscale hotel’s restaurants to unpretentious budget cafés, and from local to international restaurants, the best places to eat in Manila are ready to serve you mouth-watering meals.
Spiral Restaurant is located in Sofitel Philippine Plaza and offers one of the best-known buffet spreads in the country. The restaurant features an interactive gourmet dining experience with 21 ateliers that give you a taste of dining in 21 different countries in a single place. At the front of the dining area is a list of all the ateliers and what they offer, from the French station to the Japanese hot and cold stations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30am to 10.30am, from 12pm to 2.30pm and from 6.30pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd, 1300 Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 573 5555
Café Ilang-Ilang is a luxurious restaurant located in the historic Manila Hotel. It’s known for an extensive buffet selection that includes Japanese cuisine, Italian, Chinese, western, Asian, Filipino, and more. Their live cooking stations ensure that the food is well presented and of the highest quality. Sample their salad station, cold cuts and seafood station, burrito and shawarma station, and bread and cheese station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 10.30am, from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 5pm to 10.30pm
- Location: The Manila Hotel, 1 Rizal Park, Ermita, Manila, 0913 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 527 0011
Harbor View Restaurant has been around since 1985 and is everyone's go-to place for fresh and affordable seafood in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Flanked by the panoramic skyline and the scenic view of Manila Bay, it can be a romantic dining experience for 2 or a casual meal among friends.
Harbor View Restaurant's menu is a delightful mix of Asian and western cuisine, but the star of the show is obviously the seafood selection. You can choose live seafood straight from the aquarium and have it cooked to your preference. There's no shortage of fishes, crabs, and lobsters. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 1am
- Location: South Dr, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 710 0060
Sky Deck View Bar
Sky Deck View Bar is a stylish lounge and restaurant on the rooftop of The Bayleaf Intramuros.The venue is a stunning sundowner spot, offering views over Manila Bay. Food-wise, you can enjoy both Filipino and international cuisine, served in big portions at fair rates. A live music band is in charge of the entertainment on some nights, but the highlight of the Sky Deck remains the sunset over Manila.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 1am
- Location: The Bayleaf, Muralla St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 318 5000
My Kitchen by Chef Chris
My Kitchen by Chef Chris is a modern trattoria that serves a wide range of Italian dishes. Located within The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, the kitchen is led by Chef Chris Locher, who hails from Switzerland. Try the signature panizza, which comes in a variety of toppings like Genovese (pesto-infused cream sauce, shrimp, capers and grouper slices), Stefano (plain cheese with rosemary, parmesan and garlic), and Angelico (chorizo, salami, bacon and mushrooms).
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 10.30pm
- Location: Paco The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, 1032-34 Belen Street, Paco, Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 521 2371
The Aristocrat is a long-established restaurant in the capital city of the Philippines, dating back to 1936. It's so successful that The Aristocrat has several branches throughout Manila. The restaurant serves a wide range of Filipino specialities at reasonable prices, though the house specialty of honey-cured chicken barbecue has been a favourite for generations. Drinks include beer, juices, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: 423 San Andres St, Malate, Manila, 1004 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Address: +63 (0)2 524 7671
Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant
Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant serves genuine Filipino cuisine with a real Filipino ambience. Located on General Luna Street, resident musicians play serenades during lunch time, before being joined by dancers in the evening, offering guests a very pleasant show while they enjoy their dinner. If you come to Manila and want to have an authentic Filipino experience, then Barbara’s should be your place of choice.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 11am to 2pm and from 6pm to 9pm, Friday–Sunday from 11am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 9pm
- Location: Plaza Sans Luis Complex, General Luna St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 527 4083
Bistro Remedios is a chic venue dedicated to Filipino cuisine and culture. Located right opposite Remedios Circle – hence its name – this elegant venue is famous for the quality of its local dishes. Many locals eat here for its festive ambiance, rocked by a trio of talented guitarists and singers. From gising-gising (spicy Filipino vegetable soup) to kare-kare (meat stew), many classic local food are available here, and they are simply exquisite.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 12pm to 3pm and from 6pm to 11pm, Friday–Sunday from 12pm to 3pm and from 6pm to midnight
- Location: 1911 M. Adriatico St, Remedios Circle, Malate, 1004 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 523 9153
Movie Stars Café
Movie Stars Café is a family-friendly restaurant that offers cool photo ops with statues of blockbuster movie characters like Spiderman and Batman. There are also entertaining shows with singing, dancing and acrobatic moves. Food-wise, enjoy an international menu featuring classic western favourites, including burgers, pasta and pizza.
- Opening Hours: Friday–Saturday from 10am to midnight, Sunday–Thursday from 10am to 11pm
- Location: G/F Centris Station, EDSA cor, Quezon Ave, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 987 1111
Ilustrado Restaurant has been attracting crowds with its excellent cuisine and impeccable service since its opening in 1992. Serving Spanish, Filipino and global cuisines, the restaurant has had the honour of heads of states and dignitaries – including the King and Queen of Spain – among its diners. Prices are relatively remain affordable, and Ilustrado Restaurant is a good choice if you’d like to sample local delicacies with a strong Spanish twist.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 10am to 11pm, Sunday from 10am to 11.30pm
- Location: General Luna Street, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tel: +63 (0)2 527 2345